The TransMilenio system as a model for Sustainable Transport
The implementation of the model as a system Transmilenio mass transit passengers with their schemes of planning, management and control have positioned globally as a pioneer and leader in the processes aimed at establishing sustainable transport systems.
Contribution Management Model Sustainable Transport System
- The implementing such management systems contributes to policies and actions that guide the transport sector in sustainable development schemes.
- contribute to mitigating the environmental impacts generated by the operation of transportation systems.
- Save economic, environmental and social.
- Generates profits on health and quality of life of the different actors and the general public.
- Strengthen governance and compliance with current environmental regulations.
- Contributes to the generation of knowledge.
- Contributes to the generation of environmental culture.
- Contributes to the coordination, the networking and the efficient use of resources.
TransMilenio SA, as manager of the Integrated Public Transport System, is a key player in the development and implementation of policies. For this reason there is a great commitment to continue with the efficient operation of the current phases (I and II) of the TransMilenio system, management of future phases of the system and the entry into operation of the Integrated Public Transport System - SITP, with evaluation friendly technologies for the environment in the transportation system.
Fecha de publicación 03/07/2014
Última modificación 03/07/2014